Healthcare and Entrepreneurship

Healthcare and Entrepreneurship

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Packed Day

Today we visited a facility that cured patients with leprosy. It was an eye opening experience. It was interesting to me because the facility was outdoors and not as well kept as I would have expected. In the US, our hospitals and rehab facilities are indoors, air conditioned, and very well kept. We had an hour to interact with the patients and get to know them a little, and tour the facility.  We also went to visit the orphanage which was founded by Mother Theresa in 1971. My idea of an orphanage is a facility that houses kids under the age of 18 who were abandoned by their family. However, this orphanage was different, it housed adults and children with disabilities. Most people look at the women and feel sad for them, but I look at the positive side. It's sad that these girls have been neglected by their family members, but I'm also thankful that these girls were rescued and brought to this orphanage where they are well taken care of. Although our time there was limited, I enjoyed visiting the orphanage. It was a nice day overall.

-Cameisha

No comments:

Post a Comment