Healthcare and Entrepreneurship

Healthcare and Entrepreneurship

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Social Movement Day

We started off the day by visiting BaBa school system, which has four schools with classes ranging from kindergarten to twelfth, totaling two thousand kids. We met with handful of 9th and 11th graders from each school, which totaled to 400 students.  We divided into seven groups. Each group had around sixty kids. The purpose was to create a viral video to eliminate waste in India. We each had to create a dance routine with each group of kids. I myself am a die-hard Michael Jackson fan. I showed my kids the twist, leg-kick, moonwalk move. Let’s just say my group was by far the most entertaining. The staff as well as the children were incredibly welcoming, and are an incredible group
of people.

After visiting the school, we attended a Women’s Entrepreneurship seminar. The keynote speaker was Dr. M.I.M Nehruzii. It was very informative, and was worth listening to. We were told that women in India have to work twice as hard to receive half of what a man makes. It was a great experience seeing all the women making a difference by creating a better India for tomorrow.


Our last visit for the day was visiting a Gandhi museum. I myself didn’t know much about this brilliant individual. It was very informative walking around the museum and reading the history of India, and the movement Gandhi made to create freedom for all in India. -Luke




No comments:

Post a Comment